It has been a day when it is hard to not cry.
1. I guess I am not really over whatever is wrong with me. I still feel thick and slow and stupid.
2. My husband is sick. He didn’t make it to church this morning. I know how bad he feels (see #1) and it makes me sad for him.
3. My Sweet Mama is sick. I talk to her on the phone and she sounds so bad. I should go out there and take care of her. But — (see #1 and #2)
4. My Uncle David died this morning. The seventh child of David and Savilla Yoder to die in less than five years. The third one since July 29th of this year. On the 18th, it will be five years since my daddy died. He was the first. There was an irreverent remark when Daddy died. Something about it being the “beginning of ‘open season’ on the Yoder siblings.” I didn’t particularly like it then. I like it even less now. Seven gone. Grandma had her babies fast, but I know she never had seven in less than five years.
5. I miss my faraway girlie.
6. I miss my faraway girlie.
7. I miss my faraway girlie.
8. I miss my faraway girlie.
9. I miss my faraway girlie.
If you are looking for some resolution to this, it isn’t coming. Yet.